Saturday, November 7, 2009

GOOSEBERRIES


The wonderful gooseberry aka "sunhlu" in Mizo, "amla" in Hindi and "usurkaya" in Telugu is probably the best food that I've come across lately. It's unadulterated "healthy". Few foods can compete with this humble giant of goodness. Especially since it's in season now and easily available, and doesnt cost much have an "usurkaya" all!
It's high fibre content and high vitamin C content is unbeatable. I personally saw all my blemishes vanish after I ate nothing but amla for one night. Miracle - my skin was glowing the next morning!!
It's such potent stuff it can be dried and used as oil and in the powder form too. I believe it's even used very effectively as hair oil. In short its an all rounder - is the "usurkaya"!
THREE CHEERS FOR THE "Phyllanthus emblica"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment